HybridZ

I knew Chris Rado was a little weird but...

280zx 2by2

• Administrators

Back in the early '90's we used to make jokes about the ricers with their big wings on the trunk lid of their FWD automatic transmission 4 cylinder, 4 door cars, (the "hey look at me" crowd!)... We joked that we could capitalize on this new movement of "genuine faux" performance and offer a front wing to this crowd of attention seekers. Our design was more of a forward canard really...

But this guy is serious, actually trying to apply down force to his real race car. :2thumbs:

VERY Goofy looking, but probably functional...

From what I read on the article about the race event that car was in, it was the fastest FWD car that ever lapped the track in its class. Or something like that.

Here's the link to the event article

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/06/02/event-gt-gt-redline-willow-springs-the-winners.aspx

it was posted last month too, here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149797&highlight=fwd+wing

he's broke another record at AutoBahn Country Club for FWD cars.

Seems like his car will continue breaking FWD records everywhere till someone decides to make a meaner Bi-winged car lol.

Seems like his car will continue breaking FWD records everywhere till someone decides to make a meaner Bi-winged car lol.

how long before someone nicks the wings off a fokker trike and bolts those on upside down over the bonnet?