HybridZ

RB25DET Knock Sensors possible part cross

Stevespeed

I have been doing the wiring for my RB25, and I decided to just label everything in the harness, at first I couldnt find anything for the knock sensors, and did not think much of it.

Well I did the biggest mistake any RB20/25/26/30 purchaser could ever do, bought an extremely incomplete swap for cheap. I am missing the knock sensor harness, upon talking to Evan, he helped me work out that I could build the harness if I had the connectors, so for the next 2 days straight I went trudging through the local junkyards to find a car with similiar knock sensors.

Upon having 0 luck in the pick and pull yards around my house and checking through about 30 Nissan Maxima's, Alitmas, Sentra's, 200sx's, 240sx's and 240/260/280z's I came up with nothing.

Then I turned to Nissan Fast and looked up the Knock Sensor's part number, which seemed to only cross with the 20/25/26 and no other engine produced by Nissan.

So does anyone know a cross able part number for a connector? or of a place where I could source a set of clips and just build the harness?

Thank you all

-Steve

when you did a search in Nissan FAST did you load the US catalogue, and then load the Parts Master program and cross ref?

The Parts Master works for the FIRST/Currently open catalog.

so if you want a Japanese part here in North America... you would find the JAP number, close the JAP Catalog. Open the US Catalog, open the Parts Master program, and punch in the part number.

It looks a lot like the 99 Quest knock sensor, so I dunno... might work. look at the later minivans and stuff...... I could probably find it for you and take a pic on Wednesday night. I have vg33 knock sensor hanging out.

ALSO... you can go to http://www.rockauto.com and look for knock sensors on there, and it will show you what they look like and sometimes show you the connector.

Here's the quest sensor:

5S2214.jpg

Evan's right

The RB's knock sensor is not exactly what i need, its more along the lines of the clips to make the harness per Evan's genius recommends.

I sourced a harness out of japan from an RB25DET Neo that I can make work quiet well, but I still want to know what crosses to an American part number.

Ill take some look through the US Catalog of Fast like you recommended, I have the JAP and EUR catalogs and possibly AUS loaded currently.

LOL, I forgot about that quote in your sig. I will dig out one of my vg30et knock sensors... I seem to remember you saying that they are green. I seem to remember seeing a green knock sensor in my parts bin. BTW, shitro will be out this weekend. While I am getting shitro we can look at the other rb's in my storage unit, if that will help.

well the knock sensor for a vg30et uses the same style sensor connector as a lot of toyota radiator fan and coolant temperature switches.

it's a circular o-ring style clip.

1991 Camry coolant temp sender:

PartImage.aspx%3Fimg%3DC%3A%5Cwebdata%5Cwebcatalogs-4S%5Cimages%5Cparts%5C36526.jpg

1987 Z31 Knock (Detonation) Sensor

com.entigo.acdelcocatalog.servlet.ProcessImageServlet%3Flanguagecd%3DEN%26countrycd%3DUS%26user%3DInternetUser%26mfgname%3D%26prodlinecd%3D%26acpartnbr%3D213-2323

LOL, I forgot about that quote in your sig. I will dig out one of my vg30et knock sensors... I seem to remember you saying that they are green. I seem to remember seeing a green knock sensor in my parts bin. BTW, shitro will be out this weekend. While I am getting shitro we can look at the other rb's in my storage unit, if that will help.

Oh yeah the ShitrO! you removed its Knock sensor otherwise I would have just check that in your garage, I could have check the bare block... on the ground next to it as well.