HybridZ

Car show pictures from this weekend :)

janaka

Well this past weekend I went to Scrape By The Lake down by niagara falls. This is primarily a 'low-rider' show but has grown to be over 500+ cars.

I entered for the 2nd year and this was the 2nd year that the Z came home with the 3rd place trophy for "nissan sport compact" class. :D

A few pics of the car at the show:

scrape09002.jpg

New interior panel we made this spring for the stereo re-locate as well as integrated shift light and volt gauge. Wrapped in the same leather as the seats, panels and shift boot (also new).

scrape09005.jpg

scrape09009.jpg

scrape09006.jpg

scrape09004.jpg

Almost everything had a class.. honda civic HB, coupes, low rider trucks, mazda etc. its a HUGE show, TONS of trophies given out.

2nd place was an infinity coupe (looked stock with rims/tint that i saw) which is odd since the 350z's had their own class and I think since they are the same platform they should be in with them...personally...

1st place was a Maxima - gold in colour, 22" wheels, aligator leather interior, stereo and an airbrushed engine cover. Meh.

I basically need a show quality stereo install (IE subs/amps) not just the fibreglass door panels with the Focal speakers I guess to compete in the "show" category. The judges LOVE the car as did a lot of people who were walking by all day. But I'm more go (motor swap, big brakes, driveline upgrades etc) than show.

Oh well there's always next year. :)

Thanks for the compliment guys.

As for the furry things, since I've owned a car I've had one of those in each car. Its like my little mascot. They are located in the original stereo headunit spot becuase I didn't get time to fabricate a cover panel for the show. They are cute and hid a hole ;)

It was bad enough I had to get my CV axle swap done and get the leather on the new stereo panel the day before the show I just ran out of time.