HybridZ

1978 280z exhaust manifold, hood

ddog437

Hello all,

I recently got a bad exhaust leak at the seam of my manifold, it was abused by the previous owner and has rust and high heat epoxy on it (hes an idiot).

So I am looking for a used exhaust manifold, my car is a 5 speed, passes smog, and I need to keep it passing smog. If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one online (not headers), then I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

There are some bolt-in smog approved headers out there, MSA sells some of them. If you can't find anything else, don't count the headers out just because you have to pass smog.

They are pricy, though, for someone who just needs a manifold.

csorgenf: My car is 1978, not sure if it makes a difference, although my car is fuel injected and I am pretty sure the 75's models had carbs, although I am not the most knowledgeable so if I am wrong correct me.

theguppies: Glad to hear you live in San Jose, I reside in Santa Cruz, so I could possibly come look at the manifold, would it fit with my car? As I said, I am not the most knowledgeable, I am just looking for a manifold becuase they are cheap and I just need a quick fix for the time being. How would I be able to tell if my car can use a n42 or n47 manifold?