HybridZ

Megasquirt, Injectors not opening...

menzzer37

Hi guys, I could use some help as I have exhausted my resources on injector debugging. Ok, I have a v3.0 board running spark and fuel (MSI). I'm using the Ford EDIS-6 ignition system, and I have great spark! My gauges all work on megatune, but for some reason the injectors are not opening. I'm running a relay board and have tripple checked all my connections. I am getting 12v to both pins at the injectors, but apparently, megasquirt is not grounding them for fire. I have attached my code if anyone is kind enough to look at it. I've scoured the forum, but if someone has also had a similar issue, please point me in the right direction. My VE table is borrowed from another member.Thanks.

Copy of 280z July.zip

The RPM is there, yes, but I do not have a stim. The LED is not blinking on the ECU while cranking. Is that a problem? I found a thread about possibly a burnt injector driver. Could this be an issue? They are low z injectors, but I have it set for that (I believe).

I think I may have discovered the problem: my flood clear value in cranking settings was 0... My normal TPS position closed is at 6, so... Maybe we have a solution? I have yet to check.

Bingo!

I also took a closer look at your MSQ. There's a lot of weird settings in it besides the flood clear value. Did you by any chance just open MegaTune and start composing an MSQ before you connected to the Megasquirt or loaded a valid file? If so, MegaTune will default to a file full of zeros. If that's the case, I recommend reloading the firmware and starting with the default values - either edit them in the Megasquirt or save them and edit them offline.

Check it with a timing light; where is your timing while cranking? It may help to have the injectors unplugged while checking timing.

Then you need to get the cranking fuel dialed in. After an unsuccessful start, have a look at the plugs. See if they're wet and you're getting too much fuel, or dry and you don't have enough.

I've tuned my mixture both ways, but i believe it's a spark issue or possibly another megasquirt fault. I have EDIS, so I thought you didnt have to time that? Either way, I'd like to build a new MSQ file and start from scratch. Here are the specs so that we can begin laying it out. If anyone can give me any advice, I'd be thankful...

EDIS-6

300zx low Z injectors (280cc ish) New

billet big bore fuel rail

ported 240sx tb and tps

JAW wideband and bosch

walbro 255 external running a sump fuel cell

t3/t4 hybrid on stock turbo manifold.

stock cam

turbo rods/pistons

megasquirt 1 extra

Timing looks good. Moby any suggestions? I have a steady backfire. When I crank, I will get periods of fast spin, like trying to start or I will get a quiet backfire grumble from the exhaust. Plugs are lightly wet, but that could be from playing with the timing.