HybridZ

EvoIII big 16g Turbo upgrade

streeteg

There have been a few things that have made me consider getting a " hold over turbo upgrade"

1. redid my interior to including guages that require a new downpipe

2. Maf took a dump, and have to get retuned with z32maf on PFC

3. Car is already apart anyway

So I have been looking around contemplating things that will tide me over till i can justify spending 10k on a the appropriate turbo upgrade to make the car what I want it to be....

Anyway, I got an idea from another forum, for a turbo to hold me over until i get this power. Goals for now are in the 320-350whp range. The Big16G has the potential to spool around 2500RPMs and carry its way up to 7500 while making a nice usable powerband all the way through.

I would use this adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-TO-TD05-TURBO-FLANGE-ADAPTOR-350Z-SENTRA-SE-R-ALTIMA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem35a1e6e6e6QQitemZ230349530854QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And here is a link to the turbo

http://www.maperformance.com/true-mhi-evo-iii-big-16g-turbocharger-dsm.html

The downpipe will get remade to fit the new location and housing. Once I sell the stock RB turbo this gives me an additional (and safe) 50whp over stock for roughly 300 bucks. Has anyone tried/used this setup before?

-Eric

Modern automotive performance did my exhaust on my Z, they were good people. I was talking to some of their guys and they said that they were having custom made impellers made for the 16g turbos. They were making 500 whp on a DSM with a 16g!!

Might ditch my t3/t4 for one of those at that price