HybridZ

260z 2+2 weighed finally

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The weights were taken with me in it (220 lbs) and with 15 gallons of gas. It weighed in at 3260 total malebitchslap.gif with 1640 on the front tires (50%) icon_wink.gif . That was 400lbs higher then I was hopping for. I am planning on changing to an aluminum radiator (-20lbs), aluminum motor spacers(-9lbs) , aluminum heads ($$$$$ -49lbs + 75hp), lightweight wheels(-40lbs), fiberglass hood (-30lbs) and remove rear bumper (-40lbs). With a total savings of about 188lbs and about $3000 cost. Of course I can get out and siphon out the gas flamedevil.gif and drop 325lbs off the total ;however, it is kind of hard to drive like that!! Did I miss anything? Does anyone have experience with a fiberglass rear hatch and front fenders?

Guest Anonymous

A agree with the giving up the Big Macs but boy, aren't they good cry2.gif . I could always changeover to a McRib bonk.gif !!

The weights include the 455 and a TH-350 transmission with the battery moved to the rear. Carpet isn't installed yet, nor a radio.

A fiberglass rear hatch and a Lexan rear hatch window would save a lot of weight. Some other options:

Early Z bumpers

Steel headlight buckets

Thin wall stainless exhaust system

Racing seats

No radio

No spare tire, jack, lug wrench

Tilton starter

Keep looking for little things to remove or replace.

Guest Anonymous

I am going to go with MSA's front and rear kit to do away with the bumpers. I don't have the spare tire anymore (fuel cell). And I have a high Torque MiniStarter, the engine wouldn't turn over with a stock one. Don't you mean fiberglass headlight bucket? What are the cons for a fiberglass rear hatch? I have to have my toons, and if I go to racing seats it will kill the sleeper image.

Guest Tom Scala

Your my new hero! My favorite motor(Pontiac 455) in a Z. Who needs high rpm engines when you can have 500+ ft.lbs. right off idle. The Edelbrock heads will give you big HP numbers to go with the low end torque. You should post those pics on the performanceyears.com website and give Goatman a coronary icon_biggrin.gif

Guest 400 ci 280z

i know this doesnt have anything to do with the subject but i have a pontiac 400 and are the 6x heads better than the other heads you can put on these. i dont want to go with aftermarket yet because of money.

Guest Tom Scala

There are 2 different 6X heads. One has a small "4" cast on a flat pad under the valve cover. These were used on mid to late 70's 350 and some 400 TA motors and had 93cc chambers. They will give near 9to1 CR on a 400 with flat tops. The other has either a 6 or 8 cast in the same place and has a 101cc chamber for a CR in the low 8's. Both have 2.11" intake and 1.66" exhaust valves,screw in rocker studs and are good flowing heads for a street/strip motor.

Guest Anonymous

I am using ported 6x heads from a 400 on the 455. They do give good compression with my trw flattops and a 0" deck. I had to clearance them to work with the Harland Sharp 1.65:1 rockers. But, darn they are heavy! I have a set of #72 heads which are one of the smaller head designs for a 400. If you are close, I can make them cheep. I am with you on loving low end torque. Too bad I don't have the trackion yet. First and second gear are useless due to tirespin.