HybridZ

Converting to auto heat/air

BAlford

I need the wireing harness that fits on a 1983 Datsun 280zx auto heater/air blower motor. The wireing harness that is on the controler part "in the center" has a plug 12 pins "wires" and the blower motor only has 8 pins "wires". I may also need the complete blower assenbly out of an auto air system. I am not sure yet as I have not traced all of the wires. It may be that there are some sencers in the auto blower system that my blower system is missing. If you know or have the harness or the complete blower system let me know.My Zcar waskomtexas@waskomtexas.com

Dude,

I have an '83 ZXT and let me assure you of one thing - if you DON't have the Auto system, don't put it in.

These are expensive and time-consuming to troubleshoot.

I have just gotten mine working after a reputable shop managed to bugger the works up.

Thanks to FSM and a bit of logic, got it working again.

This falls under the category of having the analog dash and converting to digital - WHY?

just my .02

Actually I am also comverting to a digital dash also. I purchased a car that had been used as a show car and had most of the original wireing either removed or chopped up. The heater/air, windshield wiper and most of the under hood components were also missing. We knew that it would be a "project car" and it has been. But we are making good progress and will have a great car when we are finnished.

After I got the car ripped out all of the old wireing and installed the wireing and digital dash components out of a 1983 280zx. I did not get the blower motor assembly. I did get the center portion of the heat/air assembly with the wireing. We have installed the airconditioner center assembly and and blower assembly out of a 1980 280zx. It all fits together but I am afraid that the blower assembly should have some sensors that the 1980 does not have.

Anyone that has any information on this or if you have a blower assembly out of a 1983 that you wish to sell let me know.

Guest Anonymous

ooooooo'

i wouldnt do either of these things...there's tons of posts about those digidashes too (they dont work or are problematic)...

...i dont know of anyone who has auto heat that works (completely)...then you have the air conditioning aspect as well...there are sensors..

i want to get rid of my auto air (just about all of 'em blow as hard and as hot as they can all the time)....i have an 82 parts car that has the auto air..i can sell it you (oughtta fit??) but i really wouldnt do it....s