HybridZ

Will my dash accept a partial or full cap with this amount of damage?

Cable

As you can see in the pics (excuse the lighting), the center gauge area is missing the top area. I can move the center gauge a little right now. Will a partial (glued down) or full cap work even with this amount of material missing? The car will never be a show car, so no worries there.

Thanks guys!!

Dash1_thumb.jpg

Dash2_thumb.jpg

It looks like you would be able to use one. From the pics, it doesnt really look like the contour is off very much, it just appears that there are cracks and some chunks missing.. is that right? You will probably still have a gap over the middle gauge though, at least with the type of cap I have.

It is missing pieces, but since you intend to cover it with a dash cap, then you could just fill in the areas to the right contour and then cap it. A search of this forum will give you info about what people have used, which ranges from body filler to sikaflex to two part epoxies. Should be simple enough given you don't care what it looks like, as long as it provides some backing for the cap.