HybridZ

Z31 rb30de

Careless

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Today there's an empty spot in the garage where my real first car was. It's a shame I never got to drive it.

The Crombies (CanadianZ) came to get my Datsun 280z that I had plans for the RB30... But I got way in over my head and spent more on the engine and my Z31 than I did in time and money on the S30. The body was too far gone, and I got to the point of almost total strippage, when I realized I needed another car to get around (2 years later I'm still not mobile, due to untimely engine failure on the Z31).

The L28 that was in there is in very good lick, and I'm sure they'll be using it well. I saw those two eyeing my RB30... YEAH I SAW THAT. :mrgreen:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

now that my VG33.5ET is almost complete (circa this weekend, ready to go into car mid next week), I will be bringing the RB30 to my father's house where I'll be tearing it down neatly and having it tanked, and then I'll be spec'ing out some pistons and doing the head-work slowly over the winter. I'm going to ask my father to dedicate a small corner of the basement to my RB30. It never came with a car and all the parts that are going in are new, except for the crank and the main girdle + block itself. So it's cleaner this way.

Anyway... how cool would that be? A Z31 with an ITB stack peeking out of the hood a likkle-bit? Since the VG requires no body modifications, I could then transfer the VG33 to an engine stand to refreshen the engine or plop in some cams and do some intake manifold modifications over the course of the next two years (other mods include nistune, injectors, larger turbo, FMIC, and full z0rst), perhaps with Wolf V500 to control it all if it's workable with the stock digital dash (I like it, so what?!).

And I can check to see how the RB30 will fit in there.

*time to go dream*