HybridZ

r200 mustache bar question

dizzle

I am putting an r200 3.7 (open) in my 73 240z. The rb25 shredded my old R180 (w/ 200k mi). I am having trouble finding an R200 mustache bar and am now planning on fabbing up an adaptor or a whole new mount all together. I need to kmow how far down the R200 bar has the holes for mounting the back of the diff? I am just trying to make sure I get it in there level, and sitting where it is supposed to be. If someone could place a straight edge across the top of the 2 bar bushings (where the bar meets the body) and measure down to the center of the mounting holes I would really appriciate it.

I really want to feel the difference going from 3.35 gears to 3.7. I should put down a lot more tq, a lot quick acceleration, and 3rd gear wont go up to 115 mph anymore(serious).

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the swap- and the r200 bar has to be mounted opposite of stock Where it bows towards the back of the car isntead of hte front... if that makes sense. It allows for more clearance towards the front. I have a picture at home that I can send to you tonight or tomorrow (At work now) But i can take measurements if you want

AZC sells them, and to my knowledge they are all over the forums-- jsut post up in WTB

-E