HybridZ

Installing a new Floater Unit

Guest Pegasus76

Guest Pegasus76

Ok, say I want to install a new floater unit...What is the best way to go about with the process? Should I sodder the wires together again? Or just use some sort of adhesive?

OtakuZ I`m sorry if it sounds like we`ve been mocking you,and I expected you to respond in kind. Obviously we have misunderstood your dilema,And I personally would like to help you out with any experience I may have had. I`ve not seen you post since this one and wanted to be sure that we/I didn`t scare off a fellow Z`er with our light hearted comments ;)

Guest Anonymous

I sent him an email to come back. I hope he did not get too insulted and go buy a Honda Civic. I want to know what a floater is that you solder. Might be a piece of very interesting information to solve most of my problems floater wise. and a pound foo;ish

Guest Pegasus76

hahahaha Sorry guys, no I did not take any offense to any of your comments...I found them rather funny. I haven't replied to the post yet because I have been to busy...Sorry. Yes I am talking about the Fuel Sending unit under the rear hatch us southen folk call it the floater 80) Can anyone help?

Solder them. The harness going to the pump and the sending unit has a plug. You can pull the plug and remove it completely from the car to solder it if you like. I wouldn't bother though. As long as you take reasonable care and are in a "well ventalated area" (read outside or with the garage door open) there is very little risk of igniting the fumes, especially with just a soldering iron, no open flame. flamedevil.gif (sorry, had to do that)