HybridZ

Came up with a idea (VHT!)

Guest RON JONES

Guest RON JONES

I sometimes have traction problems if I try and leave to hard.So I have been laying in bed with the flu for two days just kind of thinking(to much) .I thought about taking a ford windsheild washer tank,the kind that has the pump in the tank,and pluming some brake lines over the top of My wheel tubs.Caping them off where they meet the 1/4 panel,and drilling very tiny little holes across the brake line.Fill the washer tank with VHT Traction compound and when I start doing My burn out hit my little button and treat the tires with the VHT.I have jug of it down stairs.I tryed it on My malibu and the stuff works.I put it on with a brush before I made a pass.they say on the bottle,the best way to use it is to pour a little out and roll your tires into it and do Your burn out in the stuff.I don't know of any track that will let You do it this way.They say the second way is to brush it on before you do Your burn out,but the first way is the best.I actuly think I read about this trick years ago and I just remembered it while My mind was kind of wandering(I hate the Flu).But If I try this and it works,I can honestly say that one good thing came out of this dam bug I have.Oh yea,don't tell anyone ;) .I can't find anything in the NHRA Rule Book,but I'm not going to advertise this practice :D .

hey my buddies and me thought about that a long time ago, we were talking about water injection, using windshield wiper fluid with the water because it has alcohol in it and gives you

some extra punch, when we thought of running the hose to the rear tires.

but we werent thinking about traction, we wanted to fill up the bottle with bleach and let it

loose on black top somewhere for a video.

Ron,

Great idea. I was thinking of something similar, but for the opposite effect:

I was going to use 2 or 3 windshield washer spray nozzles in each wheel well to spray water on the tires so that I could very easily smoke 'em for fun on the street.

One day when some idiot in a brand new Caddy SUV cut me off in traffic, I began contemplating mounting a nozzle in the front of the car (on the bumper) and putting brake fluid in the bottle and spraying it on people that piss me off, but I got over that pretty quickly...I'm not THAT mean and vindictive! malebitchslap.giftwak.gifeek2.gif

Tim

Back in high school, by buddy got an older malibu. It had a nice V8 in it. He noticed that everyonce in a while when he took off from a stop, it would get sideways on him. He also noticed his water sprayer was very weak. Once day we were doing his brakes and saw this little hose sticking out from the wheel well. The previous owner had plumbed a line back to the rear tires to light them up. We laughed forever about that one. When he was stopping he would try to clean his windshield and did not know he was soaking his tires. Needless to say, after that any "windshield cleaning" was intentional.

You might think twice about the vht Ron. If it leak too much it is still wet and you may blow the tires off. I have run when they have just sprayed the starting line in the morning and the vht was still wet and the car just did another burnout on the launch. Also if it decided to leak as you go down the track you could make an unsuspected turn real quick. Its a neet idea but it might not be the best idea to have any liquid that could get on your tire as you go down the track. Besides it may make you too quick :eek::D:D