HybridZ

Anyone care to test my MS1 V3.0 Extra in their L28ET S30?

FlatBlack

Well I've done about all I can at this point, I've swapped the dizzy internals from the 83 ZXT CAS to a 87 Z31 Turbo CAS, tested the coil on another stock L28ET S130, and checked the board many times.

TrumpetRhapsody has MSII on his L28ET Holset 260 but he is running EDIS and it won't work without board mods which I don't want to do at this point.

He was looking at the datalog of us trying to start it and the injectors weren't doing anything funky, I changed the spark plugs again, nothing is really getting us anywhere. The engine will fire over but not idle.

I set the dizzy advance according to Moby's right up, all the settings have been checked and checked, rotor phasing was set twice just to make sure.

I am pretty certain there is a problem with the board and I have no way to test it for sure. I have a stim board and it is working fine with it, but my car will not start.

I bought X64's VR dizzy and coil setup but I think that will do the same thing as when I swapped the dizzy internals. I'm really lost here.

So, what I would really like to happen would be to ship my ECU to some kind individual who would throw the ECU on their car, burn their maps and such and see if the car will run with my ECU. I will pay for shipping both ways. Would someone care to help out another S30 owner who just wants more boost? :)

School starts in one week and I don't have any more time to mess around with this without definitely getting some results.

Motor/Car:

I have a Flat Top F54/P79 with a KA24 TB, 83 L28ET CAS Dizzy with 87 Z31 Turbo CAS internals, Accell Super Stack coil, Garrett T3 off a 83 L28ET, stock J Pipe.

Just picked up a LC-1 from 260zturbo last weekend but I haven't put it on yet.

Megasquirt:

MSI V3.0 with Extra Code, Relay board, GM CLT and IAT sensors, running 029y4 code. Jumpered for the 83 L28ET Dizzy.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

Looks like I have a similar setup as you. If you want to ship it my way I would be willing to help out. As long as all you want me to do is plug your MS into my harness and burn my maps in to see if she runs my car then I've got no problem with that. Hell your even running the same code version I am. Shoot me a PM and we can probably work something out.