HybridZ

More replacement dash Ideas

40flash

While watching the video of the west coast Z meet that was held in California in April I noticed an early Z with a very different lokking dash. I finally figured out what it is I think. I believe it was a 90s something 300ZX dash. It looked good. So I thought if he can install a late model dash from another car, why can't a lot of different modern dashes work. Some of my latest Ideas include the dash from a Mitsubishi eclipse or the dash from a acura RSX type S. I haven't looked at the eclipse dash yet except in pictures. The RSX is my daily driver and I think they are great looking dashes and I think it would fit with a little modifying including the center console. I am going to look into this further before spending hundreds on recovering the stock dash. Any thoughts?

The z32 dash as you mentioned as well as the 240sx dash swap involves lots of cutting, fabrication and measuring, not exactly a simple swap. I think they look great but can be pricey to have done if your not planning on doing this yourself. I like the looks and layout of the last gen fd3s rx7, nice tight cockpit....