HybridZ

No lights until 4000 RPM

Hi guys. I'm having a stange electrical issue in my 76 (wiring harness from a 77) 280z. I just finished an engine rebuild, turbo, megasquirt, and edis install. None of my dash lights work until I rev the engine up to around 4000 RPM. At this point, the brake light and the charging indicator come on. This is a strange issue and any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Also, I am not getting any brake lights, turn signal, headlight at anytime either.

No the lights stay on after they come on. The speedo works but it's mechanical. All other gauges are dead. I still havent got the tach to work with edis yet. But I do not have oil pressure or temp and they are hooked up correctly!

Sorry, I meant the lights for those..

Could it be an alternator issue where it only kicks on when the alternator starts putting out juice? The alternator is new and worked great before I pulled the motor.

I wouldnt think so, because there is power from the battery.

I'm wondering if the vibration up to 4000 RPM is rattling something until it makes contact.