HybridZ

Heat/Noise Instulation.. spray on undercoating?!

I've been looking around at what i want to do in regards to noise/heat insulation..

My original plan was to POR15 the rails and pans.. and use HushMat/Dynomat type product on the inside..

However I am in love with the clean, glossy, painted interior..

I would like to use a product such as Lizard Skin to be sprayed on the bottom of the chassis (since my rotisserie is up and functional)...

Since I have virtually no rust underneath the car, other then the frame rails.. I'm wondering if a thick coating of LizardSkin would be a good alternative for noise/heat insulation.. and a good undercoating to prevent future rust.

Anyone with any experience?!

• 7 months later...

THe deal woth POR 15 is that you need to top coat it as soon as it gets almost dry but still tacky otherwise nothing sticks to it.

a little bump..

anyone else wanna chime in?!

I need to do some research, but can I apply POR-15 then an undercoating?! hurm

Lizard Skin, Dyna Mat, tar sheets, etc. are designed to reduce panel drumming and the noise from water, pebbles, etc. hitting the sheet metal and tire/road noise. Adding more then one layer of any of things just adds weight.

I am going to go with Lizard Skin on my build. The product is not that expensive at all really. I wish I had feedback but my body guy is taking his sweet time. I plan using the heat shield on the side and the noise shield on the inside. I don't think it will add all the much weight.