HybridZ

(1 qty) - 9mm connecting rod ... oh please oh please

proxlamus©

• Administrators
i got a bunch....of l28 rods. Stroker motor eh?

Too bad the L-28 rods are not the same length as the L24... :wink:

Ohh BRAAP.. you dont have any spare rods next to the hundreds of cylinder heads ya have laying around in the shop?!

I have a set of 6 in an L-24 long block in the barn, that will soon be removed and available for sale. If the set is good set, I'd prefer not to separate them, but if any of them have any issues, I'd be glad to set you up with one. :wink:

As for when I'll get to it, dunno? Phlebmasters daughter loves to turn wrench, (how do you think any work gets down on his car?.. :lmao: ) and I promised her the next time she came out she could tear that L-24 down. Sometime maybe in the next couple weeks possibly?

Edited by BRAAP

Too bad the L-28 rods are not the same length as the L24... :wink:

I have a set of 6 in an L-24 long block in the barn, that will soon be removed and available for sale. If the set is good set, I'd prefer not to separate them, but if any of them have any issues, I'd be glad to set you up with one. :wink:

As for when I'll get to it, dunno? Phlebmasters daughter loves to turn wrench, (how do you think any work gets down on his car?.. :lmao: ) and I promised her the next time she came out she could tear that L-24 down. Sometime maybe in the next couple weeks possibly?

We will be there soon. lol I will set this up with you asap. :)

• Administrators

Prox,

Phlebmaster and his lovely daughter showed up tonight and she got the L-s4 long block tore down in great time! (she got to drive the John Deere tractor around a bit as well).

Thanks Aaron for coming out and tell your daughter she is welcome to come wrench here any time. I’ve got an R-200 I need pulled from a Z-31 if she is interested?

The rods look GREAT, L24 rods with 9m bolts! :2thumbs: Engine was recently rebuilt, fresh bearings, ground crank, bearings all look very good, crank still looks new, the timing set even looks new, (Phleb got the timing set) Rods do have some surface rust on them, but is light.

Complete set of six 9mm L24 rods, How about $100 SHIPPED! I’ll leave the bearings in the rods as well.

Some pics from tonights tear down. Gotta love a girl that is not afraid to get her hands dirty and gets excited when cuts her knuckle on a long block tear doesn’t! :2thumbs: (All pushing/pounding to remove the rods was done on the bottom of the pistons, not the rods). :wink:

Grime.jpg

Aaron? Your hands are dirty? :shock::lmao:

DadTooo.jpg