HybridZ

Rant Thread- Coolant hoses on my RB

streeteg

After a wonderful weekend of cruising I end up stranded at my buddies house due to the stupid coolant hose that connects the block to the fitting that has a the turbo, oil cooler, and heater hose fitting popping a pinhole size leak that squirt coolant everywhere. Now I have to pull the intake manifold off in order to get to that stupid piece of hose that cant be longer then 2 inches.

I dont think I have ever been more annoyed with cars. Not because its really that big a deal, but because its the most annoying stupid pointless hose ever and I hate it.

/rant.

PS I do realize this may be a contender for the tool shed-- but if anyone has any fixes to delete this crap I would love it.

Thanks.

-E

coolant.JPG

Feel free to swap me cars. Mine still has an L28Et and I will happily take apart my new RB'd car to replace hoses. :wink:

Note to all; RB's are tough little SOB's but the rubber on them is 15 years old (or so) and just as prone to dry and crack as the cheapest car's hoses. Change 'em before you drop it in.

As an aside, I have had to deal with that before. Just hope you didn't get coolant down into electronic/electrical connectors. The coolant will dry on the pins and make it REAL tough to clean up and it interrupts the connections. I had a turbo coolant line rip and spray coolant all over the engine bay of an EVO.

Ya i have the hoses sitting in the passenger seat. Just ran out of time last night before I had to head back into NYC to go back to work. So the car is now sitting in a friends garage (probably slowly leaking coolant) awaiting my rebuild this weekend. We will see