HybridZ

external wastegate vacum source??

dizzle

I am running a 38mm Tial wastegate on my rb25det. Right now the side vacum port is running to the intake manifold after the T body. I was checking the Tial website and they say that it is supposed to be before the t body, in the hot side charge pipe. Am I losing anything by having mine hooked up this way? will this affect how boost comes on or anything?? I just am not sure...

Your chances for boost spikes might be slightly increased vs having it routed from the intake manifold. You will however have the most accurate level of boost once it has stabilized going into your engine. It's also the most responsive.

Having the signal from the piping after the IC and before the throttle plate is a good compromise of response and spike control, and off of the compressor housing has the least likeliness of spiking, but will also decrease the speed at which full boost is achieved (barring any other boost control methods)

Short answer, if you're running an external wastegate, you shouldn't have a problem.