HybridZ

1/4 mile and stock 240zet

JessZ

I'm running a 5-speed out of a '76 with a dual-friction center force clutch in my '71 Z. The transmission feels similar to my 4-speed, but with one more gear. I have 15" Konigs and the eibach lowering springs, and the motor is the '83 turbo into 3in straight exhaust all the way back. The ecu is stock too. Anyone think my car is capable of running below 14 seconds in the quarter. Any thoughts on rear wheel hp? I've out accelerated the 350z on the highway, and that car supposed to run sub 14s.

Just wondering for fun.

Nice! I was hoping for a sub 14s result if for nothing more an ego boost. Thanks. And it just confirms what I already knew, that Z's are badass. Yours is the 260z, so the 240z would probably be faster yet?

Probably not, if yours is just a stock turbo swap you will be good to get a 14.0

My car is probably lighter than yours and (not to toot my own horn but) I probably drive better than you. I am not bragging but I tend to do better than those with similar or better setups.

I have drag radials and a very nasty clutch also. Having said all this please let us know what you do run. Feel free to PM me!