HybridZ

240Z coil spring issue - Help?

Did some searching, but I'm stumped.

Quick background - I'm restoring an S30, with an RB25 swap. Car is almost complete except for cosmetics and some details.

I bought an unfinished S30 project that the owner was converting to a Velarossa... he had done a lot of suspension / brake upgrades, struts and control arms were cut down and modified, all new poly bushings, lots of reinforcement work and fresh parts - so I bought it as a parts car.

However...

Springs were supposedly lowering springs, and that's all I know about them. There's no markings on them - All I know about them is they're powdercoated bright blue, and they have the same # of coils as my OEM springs.

I get the car on the ground, with about all the weight it's ever gonna haul, and it's like a damn 4x4... To the extent the wheels have visible positive camber and there's about 7" between the tire (OEM size) and the wheelwell lip.

Dial calipers revealed the diameter of the coil wire is .475

front and .510 rear... Spare pair of springs (also blue) is .475 as well.

Knowing I've provided everyone with damn near NO useful information, what can you guys tell me?

Should I lop off a coil and move forward? Take them off and replace with known good lowering springs? Or do I have an uber-rare set of one-off Baja Buster 240Z Rally Super-High Lift mega-springs?

:)

Thanks guys!

p.s. If someone with lowering springs could measure the coil wire diameter on theirs with a set of calipers, I'd be super-grateful!

Springs settle after a while. Wait a week or two.

Suspension Techniques used to make blue springs, and MSA sells blue springs as well. More than likely you've got one of these.

If they're still high, it's fine to lop off coils with an angle grinder, just don't let the heat get too high while doing it.

This might be useful: Ignore the source, it's the info you need.

Thanks guys. I've let the car sit for a week on it's tires...

It settled some, but not even close to enough. I'm not fond of the idea of lopping springs, but I've done it before (back in the day, old GM A-body)....

I'll check back in with my results. :)