HybridZ

Non Z question. Kia Sedona axle

PETEW

Hey guys,

I figured I would ask here since I can't find anything elsewhere on the net. I am doing the passenger side axle on the wifes Kia Sedona. I got the outer part of the shaft out easy enough. The inner part of the axle goes to an intermediate axle that then goes to the diff. The axle meets the intermediate axle at center bearing bracket. I can not for the life of me pull the axle out of this bracket. I have heard that the stock shaft has a clip that holds it together. If anyone here has an idea how to get this apart I am all ears. I am running out of ideas, and don't want to pull the intermediate axle out, since this will mean the fluid will all drain out (and I don't know if that would help me at all). I am getting to the point where I think I need a come-along to get this thing apart. Here is a schematic for you guys to look at to see what I talking about. Thanks for your help.

Sedona.gif

Is there not a small threaded hole on the outboard end of the axle? Right out by the splines (near part number 1)? Usually that's how they are removed. You attach a slide hammer (free rental at parts store) to pop it out. The clips will sometimes fight you on an axle depending on how they migrated since they were assembled at the factory. Sometimes they practically fall off and sometimes they are a bit naughty. Be sure to buy a replacement (part number 3) to ensure it goes back together properly.

Alternatively, just jack it way up on the passenger side and remove both portions. I doubt you will lose much fluid. Does it need changed anyways?