HybridZ

Differences between Z and 810?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was looking at the JTR page and the SBC swap intrigues me greatly. However, I want the additional stealth and oddballness that the Z may not have.

1976_kg810.jpg

I believe the 810 shared the same engine and trans as the Z and my demented little mind is envisioning a SBC powered 810. Thoughts?

Guest Anonymous

The 810 had a L24 block like the the 240 Z's amd most likely the same transmissions. I do not know if they shared the same cross member and motor mount location. Would make a Very interesting v8 swap. The few and far in betwwen 810's were quite a snappy car and a "PRE Maxima"

Guest Anonymous

I double dog dare ya to put one in a 810!

Regards,

Lone

Ps: We threw that around sorta after the rio vista meet racerx's daughter has a hand me downed 810 that is super clean and I mused the same thing to DavyZ, wonder if a JTR sbc would fit? I'd give it a go if I had the car laying around just for giggles. Maybe rice it out just so Honduh's will want to race you. :D

The one and only "new" car I ever bought was a '79 810 (traded an really trashed 510 in on it). It had a lot more in common with the 280ZX than with the Z. In fact, I go out on a limb and say it was a ZX chassis with a 4 door body. If memory serves me correctly brake pads, suspension and steering were all the same parts. I believe it used the R180 instead of the R200 though. I was my first Datsun, and I never looked back after that with my 2 Zs, a 240SX, and a Pathfinder.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by auxilary:

quote:

Originally posted by Lone:

I double dog dare ya to put one in a 810!

haha maybe you can help him
smile.gif
he's in sacramento
smile.gif

Doh! I think I have a train to Tempe to catch that weekend. ;)

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Doh! I think I have a train to Tempe to catch that weekend. ;)

Lone

That's okay, you can help me move the next weekend. Pick your poison. bonk.gif