HybridZ

Wire tracing help needed

Hello,

I have a major voltage drop occurring, it started after my thermostat housing came loose and sprayed water while I was driving. The voltage drop only occurs with the key turned to On or Start, Acc or Off causes no drop. Because of the placement of the leak, I suspect I have either a corroded connection/wire or short near the front of the engine. My first instinct was the water temp sensor, but unplugging didn't help.

I traced the voltage drop to the C5 connector on the junction block, the bottom flat connector. With that terminal unplugged I used a jumper wire to test each connection and immediately on connecting the bottom flat terminal I saw the voltage drop from 12 to 8. There is a white wire with a red stripe leading to this connection, can anyone tell me where this wire goes?

I've studied the wiring diagrams but I'm not very good at it, I believe it goes through the C3 terminal as well before running through the ignition switch and possibly the ignition relay, but I lose it from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kai

White with red stripe was 'on with ignition' wires on my car. I don't know the connector codes, sorry. Coolant getting into a connector with do all sorts of fun things. I'd inspect them closely. You will probably have to disassemble the connectors to get at the pins and clean them well enough.

I followed the wire to the fusible link marked 'ignition,' and determined that the circuit ends at the water temp sensor, cold start injector, and some things I haven't identified yet. But disconnecting all those things failed to remedy the voltage drop, so I suspect the problem to be further back the line.