HybridZ

R200 Temp sensor

Pete Sprenger

I want to intall a temp sensor on my R 200, preferablt on my finned cover. Has anyone done this before? Is there a sensor that screws into the drain hole? Obviously, that would be the easiest solution. If so, where would

I find one? The other solution I am thinking about is drilling out the boss for the cooler lines and tapping the hole for a universal oil temp sensor. I am not sure if it is thick enough to successfully tap though. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Pete

If you get the finned cover, not only will it increase capacity and have cooling fins, but it also has a couple spots built in which are presumably for drilling and tapping for fittings to add a cooler, but could also be used to install a temp sensor. I think it would probably be pretty easy to find an aluminum bung, drill a hole in the cover and weld it in and then you wouldn't have to do the necessary mods to put the finned cover in.

The finned cover is going in for sure. The necessary parts should be here from AZC by the end of the week. Since I am doing this, I figured now would be the time to install the sensor (I already have the gauge installed and all the wiring done.

I'll look more closely into using the cooler ports for a sensor location. I have never welded aluminum, so I'll try and avoid thqt if I can.

Pete