HybridZ

White Gauge Faces

Boobala

Have any of you tried the White Vinyl Gauge Faces like the ones offered here:

http://zcarcreations.sureshopping.com/display.asp?sku=4&rP=features

How is the fit?

What do they look like when lit?

Is it worth the effort or should I just go with the Autometer gauges, or Stay with the stock, black faced gauges?

P.S.

Here's a link to FREE white face gauge "kit"...

http://www.newtier.com/graber/z-car/gauges.html

Guest Anonymous

I see this style (white) on e Bay going for $50.00. Does any one have any for sale . I plan to install some but I think $20.00 would suit my budget a lot better. I did not see your PS and what site is that about the free white faces and Vello Rossa dash. The name Steve Graber sounds familiar.

I really don't know much about the "site is that about the free white faces and Vello Rossa dash"

It just came up in a Gooogle search for "Z White Face Gauges."

I also don't know who "Steve Graber" is.

It appears this site has 280Z and 240Z/260Z white face gauge graphics availible for download

that you can print out and install on your Z-car gauges. A better option would be to take the

graphics to a company that can print on Viny. But then it would probably be cheaper to go with the

kit in the first link, or a MSA kit.

BUT, if you want to do it cheap and don't care about quality...

Download the above mentioed FREE graphics, print 'em out and get the Elmers glue out. bonk.gif

Hey guys....I have the overlays on my turbo right now. I got it from ebay for $15.00. Not sure if you guys knew but you could easilly make your own custom faces. Just scan the original gauge plates and invert the photo in Photoshop or equivalent. Everything white will turn black and vise versa. Print it out on glossy paper, grab a can of 3M adhesive and go to town....this way you could inlay anything on the gauges and make any color you want. I'm going to eventually re-do mine and it will look totally different from what you see on the net. rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Rated Z. Thanx!!! I have some xtra gauges in a dash and a HP scanner + Photo Suite in the hard drive. I will definitely try this. Steve Graber was a fellow who put this outstanding Vello Rossa together and was on the cover of Kit Car Magazine. I could not down load his gauges but i defintely saw how to make a dash by using the stipped z metal frame// overlay with wood door skin material/ make a mold from that./ make a gauge pod mold. etc and dream on.

• 5 years later...