HybridZ

Fuel cell installs... need help

T S30 H

I was hoping there have been good documentation on to what parts are needed in order to do a fuel cell install.

I will be doing an RB swap and wanted to upgrade the fuel delivery system. Has anyone attempted to put a fuel cell in the stock location of the tank?

Any pictures or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, what components are compatible with each other, running new hardlines or s/s braided lines all the way forward, etc. All those are just a few of the concerns I have.

Thanks.

Its a custom installation because there are many different types of fuel cells - from full FIA certified road race cells to cheap blow-mold plastic cells from Summit. Each type requires a different kind of mounting and some require rubber fuel line hose connections and other require AN fittings.

You need to be much more specific regarding your intended use, what your budget is, etc. Think this through a bit more and spend more time searching.

Thanks for the reply.

My budget is around $600. I would like to do light track time/autocross. I would just like to upgrade the fuel tank to incorporate a baffle so on hard cornering I will not get fuel deprevation.

Please just post pictures of completed project. That will just help greatly.

just use foam, and keep it above 1/2 of a tank? Or find a baffled tank and install it?

Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by using foam? I have looked for a baffled tank, but haven't been lucky.

Also, using the stock tank, wouldn't I need to upgrade my delivery system (i.e. electric fuel pump, etc) in order to keep up with the needs of an RB?

Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by using foam? I have looked for a baffled tank, but haven't been lucky.

Also, using the stock tank, wouldn't I need to upgrade my delivery system (i.e. electric fuel pump, etc) in order to keep up with the needs of an RB?

I would get a nice external pump to use with the RB, they are noisy, but work fine and keeps you alert during long trips. Baffled tanks have been discussed before here and their is a solution to fuel starvation using off the shelf parts.

This is fuel cell foam.

6007050A_L.jpg

I would get a nice external pump to use with the RB, they are noisy, but work fine and keeps you alert during long trips. Baffled tanks have been discussed before here and their is a solution to fuel starvation using off the shelf parts.

This is fuel cell foam.

6007050A_L.jpg

Sweet. Thanks for all the info. Do you have a recommendation for external fuel pumps? I was thinking about a Walboro.