HybridZ

Carb problems need urgent help in SanDiego

Ok I recently am being introduced to carbs. I have only owned fuel injected cars up to this point. I recently purchased a 74 260 with an l24 with su carbs. I found on the rear carb that the fuel line that ran from the float to the needle had a pin whole leak. So i replaced that vaccum looking line with some fuel line and well now the car has a horrible throttle response and idle. My assumption is the previous owner adjusted the carb to make it idle good without noticing the leak. Can I please find someone in the SanDiego area to help me adjust my carbs and teach me so I can do it myself next time??????

If you search this forum, there is plenty of info on finding a baseline and the adjusting your carbs to perform properly.

I recommend replacing that fuel hose you replaced with the appropriate fuel tube or even do a rebuild. You can get it from ztherapy or paltech. Oh and identify your carb type.