HybridZ

Need some experience input

well seems like i cant get a hold of the green 280z. Still looking around, this is harder than i thought.

Ive considered getting one of these cars. bmw 2002

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17090909

Pretty neat cars and starting to like it more and more, so i had to look at Z's again to keep my mind straight.

well seems like i cant get a hold of the green 280z. Still looking around, this is harder than i thought.

Ive considered getting one of these cars. bmw 2002

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17090909

Pretty neat cars and starting to like it more and more, so i had to look at Z's again to keep my mind straight.

Be careful, if this turns into a bimmer thread, it's likely to head to the toolshed. However, it's a BMW powered Z, well... now... that could be interesting...

hehe, nah i dont think this will.

I found another z and this one looks pretty good. I sent the seller an email just now so waiting on a response.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1430232148.html

Its worth a try, but does anyone live near this place, if so, would you mind going to take a look for me, maybe even taken some pictures of the overall car, interior, engine bay, bad areas, etc... if so, you can contact me on here or pm me on here, or email me: djepy0n@hotmail.com

A few red flags...

One, horrible ad, no detail at all. If he doesn't pay attention to detail when posting the ad, he probably hasn't paid attention to detail on a car that needs a ton of it.

No pictures of the engine bay...

His reason for selling is because of the color?

:shock:

You tell me. Unless this guy has no clue what he's doing and just bought it on a whim, and is now selling it... I would only trust it if he bought it 3 months ago, and is selling it again... and then, you still don't know anything about the car.

hehe, nah i dont think this will.

I found another z and this one looks pretty good. I sent the seller an email just now so waiting on a response.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1430232148.html

Its worth a try, but does anyone live near this place, if so, would you mind going to take a look for me, maybe even taken some pictures of the overall car, interior, engine bay, bad areas, etc... if so, you can contact me on here or pm me on here, or email me: djepy0n@hotmail.com

just got a email back from this person, this is what was said:

im trying to buy a newer car ( nissan350z) i got it from a guy that had it for 6 months

theres alot of paperwork on it and have not looked into how many owners

its not important to me

whats important on a classic to me is that is drivable and rust free

u cant find a rust free car at this price range so its to be expected

miles are not even considered anymore because theres no way to keep track that far back etc etc

car only needs minor things but im sure it will make it to ok if u put tires on it

just not good to drive that far

if i was to keep i would change tires first then bushings that cost 20 bucks then shocks then figure out whats up with ac

then ones all that is done

start the paint

so car wont need much

these pictures were taken from a phone.

Rust.jpg

quarterwinderdriver.jpg

fenderrust.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

Rust Free? i dont like it when people say that.

IMO, not a good value for the price. Obviously will need some heavy rust repair, anything that he can take a picture of with his camera phone that is coming through the paint means that entire section is probably GONE and needs to be cut out and welded in.

The guy sounds ignorant about important things, and is ready to sell you a piece of crap that he insists you can't get for a better price. PLEASE.

Yea he does sound a little ignorant and may be hiding something. I am surprised on how fast i got a reply, and its not even a detailed description. Didnt say why the front is painted black, or at least the right light body part, interior pieces missing. no pictures of the rocker panels, no pictures underneath the car, just plain out no description. Maybe i will give another respond to this person

You're in OKC? We probably look at a lot of the same Craiglist adds. I'm in northeast Kansas, and do "Datsun" searches at least twice a week. Mainly looking for parts cars, but I'll check any Datsun add. Lost out on a 510 up in Nebraska not long ago, and you NEVER see those around here. Not that I needed another project.

I'll let you know if I see something good up around here.

Keep looking and don't get discouraged or rush into anything. I looked for a couple months, and just when I was getting bummed at the lack of good cars, I found one up in Des Moines Iowa. $1500 for a Black Pearl that had been garaged for six years. The guy didn't even realize it was a Black Pearl. I took one look at the original owners manual in the glovebox, compared vin to vin, and paid the guy with a HUGE grin on my face.

I did have to bring her back to life, which involved a fuel system cleaning, brakes, tune up, fluids, etc., but all in all it only ended up costing me around $2000 total including tags. Already have done a L28et swap, and just picked up some 240z bumpers. Obviously, I'm not concerned with keeping her stock :). I think I'm only sitting at around $3000 now though.

You're in OKC? We probably look at a lot of the same Craiglist adds. I'm in northeast Kansas, and do "Datsun" searches at least twice a week. Mainly looking for parts cars, but I'll check any Datsun add. Lost out on a 510 up in Nebraska not long ago, and you NEVER see those around here. Not that I needed another project.

I'll let you know if I see something good up around here.

Keep looking and don't get discouraged or rush into anything. I looked for a couple months, and just when I was getting bummed at the lack of good cars, I found one up in Des Moines Iowa. $1500 for a Black Pearl that had been garaged for six years. The guy didn't even realize it was a Black Pearl. I took one look at the original owners manual in the glovebox, compared vin to vin, and paid the guy with a HUGE grin on my face.

I did have to bring her back to life, which involved a fuel system cleaning, brakes, tune up, fluids, etc., but all in all it only ended up costing me around $2000 total including tags. Already have done a L28et swap, and just picked up some 240z bumpers. Obviously, I'm not concerned with keeping her stock :). I think I'm only sitting at around $3000 now though.

Thanks for the help.

Man that is the kind of finding i want to look for and for that price range, hehe, just so hard to come by and must be lucky. Yeah im not planning on keeping it stock either, planning on swapping the engine. As long as the body is as straight as i can find, thats all i really care about, not really on interior or miscellaneous stuff so much. The reason i am tyring to find cars near where i live is because i just cant see my self buying a car that i dont see in person, just seems kind of scary.

Man i bet that day when you bought that car felt good! Very nice find.

Thanks for the help.

Man that is the kind of finding i want to look for and for that price range, hehe, just so hard to come by and must be lucky. Yeah im not planning on keeping it stock either, planning on swapping the engine. As long as the body is as straight as i can find, thats all i really care about, not really on interior or miscellaneous stuff so much. The reason i am tyring to find cars near where i live is because i just cant see my self buying a car that i dont see in person, just seems kind of scary.

Man i bet that day when you bought that car felt good! Very nice find.

No problem.

I have to agree, I did get very lucky on that haha. I went off of two small Craigslist size pics, and talking to the guy on the phone several times. Something just seemed right about it, so I got a friend to help with a flatbed trailer and drove the two hours just to look at it. It was a gamble, but after getting there and seeing it in person, I had to buy it. Finding my turbo donor car was almost as much fun, and I got very lucky on that one too. Only had to go a mile from home for that one. Just means it was all meant to be :D.

I would look more in Kansas. Wouldn't be too long of a drive, and I see them all the time in Wichita for good prices. Even Kansas City.

I hardly ever see any in Missouri, unless it's around KC. Maybe St. Louis every once in awhile. I avoided Oklahoma and Arkansas in my searching because most were priced a lot higher than up here. I don't know why.

Not a Z but here's a 510 in Wichita

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/1425896230.html

Nebraska would be a hell of a drive for you, but here's a Z that's typical of the price range around here. Seller would probably be asking around a thousand more if it had engine, tranny, and title.

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/pts/1431775753.html