HybridZ

Pure show Z ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK,

Well I know what this site is for and what it's wimed twards. That's why I joined. I just poasted this question cause I was just curious,but then again curiousity did and always will kill the cat. But I didn't mean to updet anyone ,I was jsut curious if it's ever been done.

Maybe there should be a section for the fast and the beautiful then all of the guys with "fast only" cars wouldn't feel bad.

Seriously, I'm in the Zcar for the fun. This is a great web site for obtaining excellent information. Remember, I didn't start this post.

Guest Anonymous

I've aimed for a bit of both world with my zed.. It's got an rb20det powering along with enough other goodies that it goes plenty fast.. suspension, brakes and exhaust are going in soon but at the moment its making 130rwkw (the rb20det is dead stock bar an Autronic SMC computer, Supra TT intercooler and Turbosmart BOV)

I've got the 'go' to a stage where i am happy with it.. so I'm going to be doing some asethetic stuff to the zed.. it actually WOULD have been in the MAS (Melbourne Auto Salon) alongside my dad's tricked up 260z (yes, we both have zeds) but neither of the cars will be done in time and we don't want to put them on display until they're 100% finished.. My dads car is very oldschool, stripped out, brute force kinda thing.. meanwhile mine has turned out very elegant and sophisticated.. ANYWAYS, i'm rambling a bit.. but I think that interiors definitely are harder to do.. and i've seen some nice zed ones in my travels.. My car actually has a tan/black interior, at first i really hated it as my previous zed (now my dads) has the all black interior and i loved it! But the two tone has really grown on me and i think it suits the car really well!

on tuesday its getting a really low shelf (maybe 4" tall) put in between the struts right up to the 'ledge' .. inside of that are my amps, and on top of this shelf up against either strut are my 6x9s.. it will HOPEFULLY look almost stock as it will be made to blend right into the surroundings and not stick out like a sore thumb! and all the amps are hidden till you lift a lid in the middle!

as a headunit i've got one of the JVC el'kameleons.. they're pretty hi-tech looking with lots of little moving bits and pieces.. it actually suits the zed really well as most of the time its just a black panel!

I'll get some pics rockin along as the inside of my zed is semi-tricked..

some 10" subbys are going in the back soon as well, hehe

Arch MY260, wow an RB? I'm VERY jealous lol. Seriously, I wish I could see that engine shoehorned in your Z...got any pics?

As for the two tone interior I would have to agree with you. I originally had an all red interior and I hated it...so I replaced most of the plastic stuff with black parts but I left all the carpets and half of the door red. It looks really good IMO. cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'm at work at the moment *aah.. high bandwidth connection smile.gif * but when i get home i'll post some pics of it!

dont be too jealous.. she's got a lot of work to go! but i love er!

and is that your zed in your sig? looks damn hot!! i like it a lot!

Thanks Arch!...yep that's my baby and I lover her to death. She's out of commision right now though as I have to fix my suspension. Can't wait to get her back on the road and back to terrorizing the rice boys twak.gif lol

I would definitly love to see your Z! I'm sure the gear heads would appreciate as well as most of us here in the US only get to drool on RB pics. rockon.gifcheers.gif