HybridZ

using autometers? confusing with senders, mech vs elec, adapters?

Was getting ready to order some gauges for the swap. I am going to be redoing the dash with all 5 autometers. Been reading about which gauges to get and see people mentioning adapters and such. figured someone here has done it and know whats up.

my setup will be

5" electric speedo

5" electric tach

2 5/8 electric water temp adapter# 2277 this leaves the stock on the driver front and then uses the autometer at the pass rear head hole location. Can you just tie into the stock sensor that goes to the ecm or tap into the ecm directly and bypass all this? autometer says for 2277 above you need a different sender 2259. any reality to this?

really debating on the other 2 holes

oil pressure - thought these were really expensive to keep things out of the cabin. guess not 65 bucks. Guess i'll have to go with this then!

oil temp - with water temp is it really needed? oil press seems more valuable

volts - sorta useless

clock - completely useless

fuel level - would be a nice gauge, which ohm range for 240z sender?

what have some of you done? need anything special?

any pics would be great as well

I'm using 5" speedo and tach.

Then the 2 5/8 for the oil pressure, water temp, fuel level, volt meter.

You don't need to buy any special sending units.

However, I did mount my oil pressure and water temp sending units with the kit that JCI sells. His kit is called the Vital Liquids Set.

http://www.brokenkitty.com/zcar/zcar.htm

I found the stock oil pressure and water temp sending units didn't go well with the JCI adaptors, but the autometer ones fit PERFECT !

As for the autometer water temp sending unit, you can use the fittings in JCI's set, just have to take the brass fittings apart and combine them with the autometer fittings :)

ProComp_Gauges_001.jpg

ProComp_Gauges_002.jpg

Perfect! Kept lookin at that liquids package i never used and now it will come in handy!

Damn seeing the pro comp i think set there looks really good. Torn a bit on those the phantoms or maybe even the ultra lites. Got the white hurst shiftkmob so maybe phantoms

I used the Autometer Carbon fiber ones, all electric. Tach, Speedo, Oil Pressure, Fuel Level and Engine temp. I got the oil, fuel and temp to work but still working on getting the tach and speedo to work.

DSC00588_thumb.JPG

DSC00634_thumb.JPG

I just used the sending units that cam with my water temp and oil pressure gauge. My fuel level is a 0 - 90ohm that gets its signal from my Fuel cell sending unit. My tach got us signal from the wire that comes out of the PCM and originally went to the gauge cluster. The Speedo gets is signal from the the PCM as well, from the wire that also originally went to the gauge cluster. If you have any questions about which wires you connect to what, PM me and i'll give you some detailed info.