HybridZ

280zx + fuel cell= trouble?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So I was thinking of how I was going to attach new fittings for -10 an pickup and -6 return lines, then.. a fuel cell came to mind flamedevil.gif

Well they are affordable through summit (triangle cells?), this is a street car, how outrageous is this idea? I'd probably go with summits aluminum 15gal w/ gm sending unit, then get an autometer fuel level gauge (compadible w/ gm). Would I be the first here to plop one 'nem in there or what? I couldn't find anything in a search. I don't have a good welder yet, but I could probably get it arranged to have somebody weld in some basic supports. In fact a friend just finished doing mounting one for his '65 chevy Custom. I could see him doing some work for me for a small.. fee cheers.gifcheers.gif

Just shooting some spit into the wind, I suppose I could always get a fuel sump. :rolleyes:

-980mak rockon.gif

Yeah, affordable and viable. Here is one thread that discusses several options.

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000699

If you cut out the spare tire well, you can actually get a LARGE fuel cell in place. Routing the fill tube without losing all available space in the rear hatch area is a challenge, but not a big issue for most people.