HybridZ

Tryin to upgrade/ modernize T25 Turbo

eskimo ninja

I am tryin to fix up my turbo to get more out of it. I have been told conflicting things to do. I am told I need to get a boost controller, others say i need a new wastegate or even a new wastegate actuator. Also, I was told that I just need to adjust my wastegate actuator to increase the psi....any suggestions?

If you're looking for more power, then increasing the boost pressure at the wastegate will do that. Either with a boost controller or the wastegate, assuming its stock internal and is adjustable. Just know that if you go too far with boost you will run into problems that could lead to disaster; maxing out injectors, air flow meter, detonation, or even maxing out the turbo...

Figure out what psi your engine can handle safely and go from there.

How about keeping the boost level stock and going with a front mount? Always good to have a FMIC.

also would just getting a new wastegate increase the power out of the turbo? if so, how? im tryin to understand this stuff....

Quick answer, it depends on the wastegate.

Google turbos and how they work cuz its a bit lengthy to explain. BUt pretty much a turbo WITHOUT a wastegate will boost to infinity/until your motor blows up. Figure out how a wastegate operates and it'll answer all of your questions. Its such a simple concept really. Good luck