HybridZ

solved my hood restraint problem...

660Z

i think i went overkill on the SWL (safe weight load)but better safe than sorry!!!!

i got 2 eye bolts SWL1200lbs....one clasp SWL 880lbs (looks like something a rockclimmer would use)forget the name at the moment....and one locking hook SWL 440lbs.

took the threaded bolt (3/8)out and removed the latch hook....threaded in a eyebolt and mounted everything back on the hood....mounted the other eyebolt next to the dist. and reinforced it in back under the cowl...and put on the hooks...works great puts the hood open about 2" and when your not around the hood closes with a simple push....i raced on sat.and the track looked but said nothing ran 105mph all day not one problem.....mark

Originally posted by Mike C:

Have you done back-to-back tests to see what the gains are by cracking the hood? Sounds like a nice solution, and I believe it's a carabiner smile.gif I believe it's a carabiner

not sure what a carabiner is? but no i haven`t had a chance to compare the two....im working on getting it tagged and insured right now...then the fun will begin rockon.gif