HybridZ

Holley carb rebuild

You need to completely disassemble, and I mean completely, soak in carb cleaner for as long as it takes, rinse with water, blow every passage out with compressed air making sure they are clean and open, re-assemble correctly, set the floats, idle air and correctly set front and back (if applicable) throttle blade angles (idle).

Does anyone have a strong feeling that ONLY genuine Holley kits be used for a rebuild? There is one "authority" on the net that offers assistance to those of us experiencing problems with a Holley. All he asks is that you search his site before you ask for assistance (sound familiar) but he insists that you have used only genuine Holley rebuild parts.

I've gone through a boatload of AFBs, Q-Jets, FoMoCos and even a couple Holleys. I've never had any problems with them that I could identify the source as an aftermarket rebuild kit!

What's your opinion?

As far as kits go, no not really. I like the non stick qft gaskets, makes it really nice later on if you have to work on it. 4 corner idle mixture is nice and using the secondaries to adjust idle rpm is great also. Holley makes a great carb, DaVinci, Braswell and C&S make holleys even better!