HybridZ

hard starting

Its a 78 280z, all stock L28.

A few days ago it wouldnt start after stopping for gas, just cranked and cranked and nothing. Spent about 2 hours checking fuel lines, spark, pump, ect.

there was plenty of fuel and pressure in the feed but the return was dry.

ended up towing it home.

the next day I pulled the return line and there was plenty of fuel and pressure in the line :confused: went to start it just for kicks and it fired right up.

same thing has happened a few times, you park and shut it off, try and start and it just cranks and cranks, let it sit and it fires up.

when it starts it runs like a top

we've changed the filter and FPR, fuel pump is working, its got spark.

and this morning after sitting since about 8pm it will crank and turn over for about half a second and then die, its firing but it just dosent want to stay running.

Mine is doing the same thing and from what I've read around the forums it seems that your problem is your fusible links so try cleaning them off.

Personally I'm jumping the gun and replacing them with maxi fuses because I am going to want to replace the stupid things anyway.

I used to have a similar problem, if I ran the car for a long time(especially if it was hot out)and turned it off it wouldn't start up for the longest time right after(sometimes it took 7-8 tries and sometimes.. well who knows how many). I cant remember what the problem ended up being as this was a while ago, but Im pretty sure it was something electrical related, like bad fusible links or a bad ground...I cant remember exactly but it was something related to spark.

hope that helps.:(