HybridZ

76 280Z first Z build

Just thought I would post my first Z build,these are the parts I have gathersd so far ,and the progress on cleanup on a few pieces.First picture is the stock 2.8 that is in the car currently.

2nd 3rd and 4th pictures. are the Bob Sharp intake and holley 390 after cleanup and rebuild.

5th is valve cover from 83 model after cleanup and semi gloss back paint.

I will pozt more as the prozect progrezzez.LOL

z parts 017_thumb.jpg

z parts 019_thumb.jpg

z parts 020_thumb.jpg

z parts 021_thumb.jpg

z parts 022_thumb.jpg

reground cam and followers from Delta Cams.

I am still waiting on my new n42 model intake and exhaust valves,my MSA header 6to2to1,my shims from goodson supply,new .180 lash pads,and my body seal kit and pro urethane bushing kit.

z parts 024_thumb.jpg

z parts 028_thumb.jpg

z parts 029_thumb.jpg

z parts 026_thumb.jpg

z parts 027_thumb.jpg

Edited by curt76280
more pic

Called Modern Nissan in Concord N.C yesterday and was told there was one breaker plate assembly part number 22136-h9501 left in the country for $92.81 list and my wholesale price would be $74.25, and the only way to know if it was still available was to order it and wait until today to see if it went through.

I got the call form the parts dept. this morning and was told to come pick it ,they even covered next day air since it was for a commercial wholesale account ,hope there are more to be found ,if not my next build for the 77 will have to get a reman. or go edis

I also got my header in today.progress.gif

zparts 2 001_thumb.jpg

zparts 2 002_thumb.jpg

zparts 2 003_thumb.jpg

zparts 2 006_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a little update,no camera so no pics. I bought a set of 77 model seats that are in excellent shape,no tears and very little wear.

I got all the parts from pull a part to do my Edis setup,I will just hang on to my rebuilt dizzy for now.

Bought a used Dell p3 laptop for the MSnS ,another change in the build, but why not take full advantage of all the technology that this website has to offer. HybridZ is by far the best forum that I have ever had the privelege to interact with and learn from.

There is a ton of knowledge and very knowledgable individuals on this site if you take the time to search and ask the right questions and provide the right answers to the question that are asked of you.