HybridZ

Superchargers

RacerX

RacerX

Jim Cook Racing makes Roots-type supercharger kits for the L-series engine. They are a direct bolt on to the Datsun 6 (sans time and tools). Plus they look real cool. They sell for roughly the same price as a Paxton kit for Mustangs 5-ohs. I thinks the horsepower gain is 35-45%, but I am being conservative in my estimate.

Grog

Guest Anonymous

RacerX,

The short of it is its cheaper to get a old turbo motor. Although if one were going to put a roots type blower, I can't see why one off of a eaton supercharged pontiac couldn't be used on a L6 with some fabrication (it was on a 3.8 ltr motor afterall).

You probably couldn't get as much boost out of it even with bigger pulley's as some guys run, but it would seem it'd have power right from jumpstreet (sort of the opposite of a turbo motor powerband wise I'd imagine).

Only reason I mention that particular blower is its cheap and you sometimes find them in the wreckers. I'd think a handy guy could put one on for a quarter of what a aftermarket kit for a L6 would cost.

Regards,

Lone

jcr kit is really up there, fabbing a charger up would be cheaper definitely, they are always going for cheap on ebay, turbo motor came like that from the factory, and its easily exploited for hp gains. the supercharger l6 is pretty rare, jcr doesnt make it anymore and im not sure how long they really ever had them for. they would be nice though, ive heard that they sound like motorcycles. turbo over blower for me on an L motor, now a BBC is a different story.