HybridZ

Project PT88 Turbo LS2/350z begins...

Well I officially started the tear down today and will be getting ready to start building the kit soon. I first planned on using C6 manifolds but that idea was quickly shot down when I tried to put them on the car and they were pointing RIGHT at the engine mounts. So I went out and did it the old fashioned way with the truck manis. My setup will consist of the following:

-PT88 truck manifolds with a 3.5" downpipe exiting through the passenger side of the engine. Im having the flanges cut off the manifolds and vband rings welded in place. That will prevent me from needing to clearance the side of the car so the driveside can fit and its just a much better connection.

-Twin 38mm tial wastegates. Polished(I wanted black but my black tial 44 turned purple after a month so im gonna stick with ones that wont discolor)

-50mm Tial Q BOV black

-80lbs injectors with a redone return fuel setup using a magnafuel 4302 pump(I can always upgrade to the 4301 later on) using -8 to feed the engine and -6 as a return.

-I think im gonna try the speed inc TU3 (225/225) turbo cam with the stock 243 heads/intake for now.

-ebay 4" i/c with all alum. 3" piping.

-im going with a custom radiator but im not sure on the specs yet..im pretty much going to build the turbo kit then build the front end around it. Im going to be going with a custom rad. support to give me the room I need to make this happen

-Lingenfelter launch control/2step

-Some form of methanol not exactly sure which brand yet but im leaning towards alkycontrol just from the positive feedback ive heard on this form.

-2.5bar map sensor from a cobalt

..the parts list will continue to grow as I find things I need for the car. But as of right now I want to get the kit on the car and working and tuned for 4-8 psi and once its up and running perfectly im going to have the bottom end rebuilt and break it in on the low boost tune. One thing im not sure of yet is whether im going to be using my MAF or not. I hear so many mixed stories so im going to try and source a good tuner around here who knows what hes talking about and see what he says. I want to run 10-15psi on the street and maybe 20(or whatever the turbo will take) at the track. Heres a few pictures from what I have so far..

The typical turbo/soda can picture haha

IMG00285-1.jpg

Soda can IN turbo pic..(dont mind the FRCs..they were just laying on the engine to see if I liked them and I didnt)

IMG00286.jpg

Little peek-a-boo-shot

IMG00328.jpg

And so far heres the best spot I could come up for it to fit. There is NOT a lot of room in the engine bay so im limited in where I can put it.

IMG00330.jpg

just a random shot of the car at the track..(hopefully there will be more of this next year)

Mark2.jpg

Did a little cutting today. Im going with a 22x19x3 radiator and the only way to have everything fit in this small space is to cut into the frame "arms" now they dont actually support anything except the headlights old bumper support which I havent had on the car for a while now so I can cut into them. The are still very sturdy and more than enough to support the headlights and the rad/intercooler support. I now how JUST enough room to fit everything nicely.

(this is the turbo side and unfort. theres not going to be enough room for an airfilter like on my last setup)

IMG00338.jpg

IMG00333.jpg

IMG00336.jpg

(this is the radiator side)

IMG00337.jpg

Snyper,

For methanol systems I highly recommend alcohol injection systems, also known as AIS. They not only have a great system and many options to choose from, the guys running the company are very knowledgeable and helpful. I don't hesitate to call them when I need opinions on changes I make.