HybridZ

Universal Turn Signal Switch

Valmont

So, I've decided on a pretty eclectic resto mod that simplifies the interior as much as possible - my focus will be on putting as much interface and information on an embedded carpc, hopefully to include lighting, HVAC, and auxiliary electrical systems.

The thing I can think of a great way around however, are the stalks on the side of the steering wheel... Well, you can pretty much get rid of the right one - replace it with just switches if you like, as there isn't necessarily a need for it to be on the wheel.

The turn signals however kind of need to be there - it's intuitively where any driver will look for that kind of functionality. I toyed around with the idea of fabricating some kind of paddle shifter-esque setup, but it just isn't as easy to use as the stalk signal.

So I've been looking into Universal turn signal switches (stalk like ones), which seem to be marketed more towards truckers and hotrodders, like these:

http://automotive-hardware.com/universal-turn-signal-switch-black-p-307.html

http://www.vehiclesafetymfg.com/products/p_999282L.gif

p_999282L.gif

So, I'm wondering how many fellow hybrid Zr's have any experience with these products, if so, if there are any recommendations, horror stories, etc.

Thanks

Val

• 4 weeks later...

This is a simple turn/hazard signal switch, it does not have the self canceling. I had so many wiring issues, the stock combo switch was one of many issues so I just removed everything stock except the rear taillights and dome light.