HybridZ

Engine choice?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, i'm sure all of us here has asked or seen this question, but out of all these engine choices, I can't decide which one i exactly want.

But here's what I know I want...

-Light weight

-Low end torque

-Broad powerband

-Reliable power

-Over head cam if possible

-Six or more cylinders

-Forced induction

-Fuel injection (I don't care how; TBI, EFI, DPI)

-Something I don't have to spend a million bucks just to import.

With that said, I can honestly say that there has got to be something out there that meets my requirements. I own a 74' 260z (early model) with it's stock motor, and it doesn't even run though. It would be cool if I could stick with this and just work it to how I want it, but from what i've seen, not many people do it. Is it possible to keep this block and just switch over to an L28 turbo? the only thing i would keep is the block, because I just happen to own a 3.1 stroker kit I bought a while back, and never used. I think it's safe to say that i'm not rich, and i don't even plan to have the engine done within this year, so i'm not rushing myself to do anything, I just need to give myself some peace with a simple decision.

AS you can tell, I would much prefer to keep this engine, but I just need some guidance. I have seen Scottie's and Terry's work, and it has been thanks to them and everyone else's efforts on their own cars that makes me want to go outside and even work on mine, but it has become my new hobby. If someone has any documentation on something this elaborate, please let me know. I already have seen documentations on most of your guys' cars already, but i am leaning towards docs of turboing this engine. thanks for taking the two hours to read this message, and i hope i get a good response to this. thanks guys!

Jimmy