HybridZ

Big weekend coming up and I need advice on some things plus you're all invited

josh817

Hey guys, not this weekend but next (Nov. 13th) is the weekend that the vintage Indy Cars come out to Texas World Speedway in College Station. CVAR, the club that Dad and I are a part of will be there too and I heard from Dad that there are guys coming from all around the country to see the cars or bring their cars.

indytws11-09.jpg

With that said. I have to install my EDIS setup. I don't think I will have my big brakes on but that would be super sweet too! Also I want to clean up the interior of the car by ripping the nasty carpet out and paint the inside however Dad said that bed liner is $90 a gallon. Not interested in dumping that sort of money. What other sorts of paints will work? I was thinking maybe some sort of enamel like Rustoleum, quart for like $15.

Now that I think about it I really want my brakes on the car but I don't know if they will fit the 14" Supra wheels! I don't want to ask any noob questions so I'll just list what I know:

-Vented rotors in the front with the Toyota S12 calipers

-What I believe to be 280zx rear disks (I can't tell the difference between Maxima and 280)

-The front rotors, if they fit inside the stock splash gaurde, will fit (diameter wise) inside my wheels however the problem may be width wise. The S12W (whatever it is for the vented rotors) I think are wider than the stock caliper and right now these stock ones are about 1/2" or so from the wheel... I know you put spacers somewhere in there to line up the rotor, I'll have to read.

Basically that's my brake dilemma. I may be taking too big of a bite for my own good and just not do them. Last thing I need is to take apart what I have and then find out that these won't fit. To test and see, the calipers are only held on by 2 bolts. Maybe I just undo these bolts but leave it hanging by its brake line and then test fit these S12W's. If they don't fit I'm planning on moving over to a 16 x 8 4 lug mustang wheel made from '79-'93.

Brakes:

33nkq2p.jpg

m9b0iw.jpg

npqipf.jpg

2mr5gtl.jpg

2cr28ht.jpg

Oh I finally got my baby fixed too which just so happens to be why I have all this spare cash to do everything now! :redface: I'm thinking about flares if I have to run bigger wheels and spacers! :icon56: hehe It'll look slick.

2lsyzbr.jpg

PS: If I do brakes I want to make sure I have the right car and year so I can buy some rebuild kits! If you see the first picture looking at the s12W caliper from above you see two triangle clips holding the pads. On my other caliper its missing one of those clips so hopefully that comes in the rebuild kit! Also, if you aren't able to make it, don't worry, I will have lots of pictures and videos!

fyi....The 79-93 mustang has a different bolt pattern than the s30.

Wish I could make it down there.

Eh... I'm basing this off an ebay ad I saw. 4 x 4.5 is ours and that just so happens to be I think the "cobra" one or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220503583669&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

They're just my fall back plan. I don't intend to switch over... If width is a problem I'll see if a proper sized spacer does the trick which then gives me the excuse to use ZG flares. :icon56: