HybridZ

Eliminate engine bay wiring retainer tabs?

z2go

I'm looking for ideas on what to use to secure wiring in the engine bay instead of using the factory rubber covered metal tabs. What have you guys used that might look neater and cleaner? I was thinking of some sort of retaining clip, either SS or black plastic... what have you guys had luck with? Any pictures?

I like OEM style loom retainers myself. Most newer (90+) Japanese cars use these. Flat plastic strip with a little nipple on the back made to lock into a ~ 3/16 hole. Just tape em into the loom, drill a couple small holes and you're done. I just don't like messing around with the tiny screws and lock tabs associated with clamp-style retainers.

I don't actually have a source for the OE style ones but I'm sure they could be ordered online or through a dealership if you had some P/Ns. Worse case scenario you could spend a few hours with a pocket knife and hemaclamps at your local Pick a Part XD.