HybridZ

2jz mounts made...mock up pics added.

piston

i actually made another with .120 steel 1 3/4 tubing and larger plates covering frame rails over and under all the way to the edges. looks like the betamotorsports one with beefier tube, larger plates and thicker metal. i already welded in the car. will take pics when i get new batteries for the camera.

i looks at my old one and i gotta admit, it looks crappy ass hell. lol

ok, heres my new mount alreadyin te car and some on the engine with stand.

SDC11768.jpg

SDC11770.jpg

SDC11771.jpg

SDC11776.jpg

SDC11777.jpg

SDC11778.jpg

SDC11779.jpg

SDC11781.jpg

SDC11785.jpg

SDC11787.jpg

this one should be be pretty strong and tough. welds penetrated through and made thicker welds using zig zag pattern. 1/8 inch plates and mount support tubing is 2.50 round and thickness like the one beta uses. i think it was 0.0600. the 1 3/4 tubing is mandrel bent by jay at jayshotrod here in sacramento. hybrid z member is i think GT240.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant wait to get it done either, but school starts for me soon so it will be a very very slow progress when march hits. i had plan to get her running by 2011 but work and school now gives me only weekends to work on it so maybe 2012? arghhh... however i got alot done on the suspension and brakes since the last pic.