HybridZ

Question: Griffin Radiator cap.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What radiator cap will fit a Griffin radiator? Do you have to obtain a special radiator cap from Griffin? Made the upper and lower mounts out of 1/8 inch angle to form an overlap channel to cover the Griffin channel with 3/4 X 2 X 19 inch full rubber strip spacer to fit inside the the Griffin radiator channels. The JTR lower mount diagram was of little use for the Griffin radiator.

Guest Anonymous

Greiman, this is unbelievable1 Do you mean that it is NOT going to cost me another body part to get something else for the money pit? LOL there is a radiator cap in the trunk of the donar car for the taking. Went auto parts shopping this morning and I still cannot set comfortably.No kissing ,no foreplay hard cash or bs walks.

Guest Anonymous

Just watch your pressure on the cap, my Howe racing radiator (like a griffin sorta kinda, not sure what griffin suggests) suggested a 21 lb cap, fine if you like a hot tub in the car when the heater core explodes. I went with 13 lbs, not sure how much more a guy can go if he's got a good heater core. Just thought I'd mention it.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Lone, your luck is changing. When you hit me with that "13" pounds of pressure. I got the flashlight and stumbled out to to retrieve the radiator cap off the Monte Carlo radiator with out breaking any bone or flesh (I also needed to get on my feet and rest the overworked posterior from all the price gouging this morning). It said 15 #'s I took it over and twisted it on the Griffin...Ol #15 has a new home. With the shiney 15 # cap on the Griffin, my chrome Moroso top mount now fits good over my fabricated mount. I will be using an inline radiator hose filler cap so I will really never have to disturb ol # 15. Wait awhile to go to Las Vegas to try out your new luck though. It will be sparodoc at first but definitely rubbed off on me. Thanx

Another advantage to the side tank radiators is they expose the cap to less than the max pressure of the cooling system. (since the cap is on the suction side, unlike the Datsun where it is on the pressure side with the top tank.) So a 15psi cap on a side tank should be more pressure capability than a 15psi cap on a top tank.

Guest Anonymous

Glad to hear, I'm always happy when you can NOT spend money on yet another part, trust me bro, been there, that little stuff really adds up. 15 will probably work great, I may be able to go to 15 lbs, I just don't feel that lucky. I had a nova lose a heater core one time while I was filling it. I'm filling and filling and filling and its still taking water.. WTF.. I had a lagoon in the car when I finally dummyed up. haha, funny now looking back at it, not quite as funny at the time. :D

Regards,

Lone