HybridZ

Junkyard injector clips and Injectors

Xnke

Ok, so while I was at the parts yard saturday, I decided that I just could not resist pulling some fuel injectors and injector clips. for 25$, I pulled 8 injectors, and 8 clips. (half price day)

FYI, *some* of the mitsubishi galant/eclipse 4G64 motors had a different style of injector clip that does not use the little wire spring thing. They have two thumb-clips that don't detach from the connector, and thus don't get lost or break so easily. These clips fit a regular 280Z/ZX injector just perfect.

I pulled 8 of these injector clips, and 8 275cc/min injectors, for my long term fuel injected L28.

I'm going to be working with a manifold similar to Z-Ya's EFI-SU manifold, as seen here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124201&highlight=EFI+manifold

And running the calculators through, these injectors should hold my (again, long term here) power goals of 250HP adequately.

This is a naturally aspirated motor, for the time being, (yeah, I know I'm not going to hit 250HP N/A, but a turbo is not out of the question down the road. We'll see what happens.)

My question is, does anyone else have any advice or insight on this choice of injector size? It's bigger than a stock L28ET injector, but just barely. I will be running a megasquirt controller, and EDIS timing.

Any kind of discussion would be helpful, as all my searching has pulled up people going to 310cc units and up. I'm not going to be pushing huge numbers here, these injectors are to get me started naturally aspirated, then I'll grab some 450cc/min units later, when I need them.