HybridZ

rear suspension questions.

jay260z

ive got a 260z 327 6 speed the car isused for weekend crusing and events at the local drag strip. My rear a arm bushings are shot from the a arms pushing forwards and the rubber is now gone allowing the arms to shift forwards and backwards. I have already ordered new poly busings to replace them.

Is there any other changes i should make to the rear suspension other than the ususal shock/coilover and axle upgrades?

I had an idea of making a link bar that would go from the rear a arm to the frame rail up near the trans. The bars would keep the a arms form pusing forwards on the busings and blowing them out again.

I had an idea of making a link bar that would go from the rear a arm to the frame rail up near the trans. The bars would keep the a arms form pusing forwards on the busings and blowing them out again.

That would put the rear suspension in a bind and you wouldn't get any travel.

With the bar not moving much at all at the one end that moves, no more than 1" in either direction. Is that to much of an pivot arc and put the rear a arms in a bind, even with the link bar being around 30-36" long?

The car is also a 2+2 so the distance from the a arms to the trans is longer.

Unless you get that longitudinal arm mounting on the exact same axis as the inner pivots on the stock LCAs you will bind the rear suspension. That means the front mount of that longitudinal arm needs to be about 2" under your butt in the cabin of the car.