HybridZ

Oil Pressure Sender Replacement

I'm going to be replacing my oil pressure sender tomorrow, because I don't get a reading on my gauge. I looked in the fsm and It says to reinstall using conductive sealer on the threads. What is conductive sealer? I know dielectric grease is non-conductive so I'm lost on this. Also where can I get replacement nipple connectors? Right now my temp sender has the wire wrapped around it and my oil sender has some sort of spade connector. Thanks Jeff

I'm going to be replacing my oil pressure sender tomorrow, because I don't get a reading on my gauge. I looked in the fsm and It says to reinstall using conductive sealer on the threads. What is conductive sealer? I know dielectric grease is non-conductive so I'm lost on this. Also where can I get replacement nipple connectors? Right now my temp sender has the wire wrapped around it and my oil sender has some sort of spade connector. Thanks Jeff

They say to use conductive sealer because the sender grounds to the engine block. without conductivity your sender may not have a good ground and may not function properly. you can get the sealer at nissan/autozone

Make sure you don't get the Oil pressure sender that is Gold in color. This is for if your getting one for the L engine. The reason I'm saying this is because they don't work very well. Anyways the best to go with is the one from Nissan that has a rubber sleeve over it. Just trying to look out for a fellow Hybridzer.