HybridZ

Correct way to install Diff Mount Insulator

shadesh

Is this the correct way to install the Diff Mount Insulator? I am confused as to how the bolt, nut, and the washers are supposed to go??

Does the bolt slide down the diff with the nut at the bottom?

Should there be a washer that goes between the diff and the insulator?

Can someone take a quick peak and let me know. Please. Thanx!

DSC02369 ins1_thumb.JPGDSC02369 ins2_thumb.JPG

• 4 months later...

I'm currently also trying to install my diff mount, and would appreciate this information. And if anyone knows the measurements/specifications (width, height, pitch of threading, part name or number if applicable) of the insulator-installation-nut which goes onto the differential-case-mounting-front-insulator, through the differential-case-mounting-front-member. I don't have that nut, and am having a hard time finding it. Without it, the nose of the differential slams onto the damper-plate each time I add or remove power to the drive-shaft.

I'm currently also trying to install my diff mount, and would appreciate this information. And if anyone knows the measurements/specifications (width, height, pitch of threading, part name or number if applicable) of the insulator-installation-nut which goes onto the differential-case-mounting-front-insulator, through the differential-case-mounting-front-member. I don't have that nut, and am having a hard time finding it. Without it, the nose of the differential slams onto the damper-plate each time I add or remove power to the drive-shaft.

Shadesh's pictures are right. The bolts go in from the bottom. Here's an FSM picture.post-8864-12708676880467_thumb.jpg

The transmission mount nut is the same. Take it to Ace Hardware or a similar store and ask them to match it. All you need is thread pitch and diameter, the outer dimensions can be different.

Edited by NewZed